Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Admiration

I've always admired people who can go see a movie alone or grab a table for one. I am so not like that. I have never done either of those things mentioned above and not sure I ever will. Why you might ask? Because I don't like to be alone. I like to be around people, and when I say people, I mean friends. I like to run errands with friends, go to Sprouts, Target, the mall, wherever. I'd take my kids to the mall on a crazy packed day rather than going by myself, even if it means I would be done in half the time! Sure, you all probably think I'm crazy and I probably am.
My husband travels all the time and goes to dinner, bars, wherever else by himself. The guy can start a conversation with anyone at anytime. Never running out of things to talk about. Not me. I'm extremely shy at first (I said AT FIRST, I know if you know me well, I don't ever shut-up!) and I never know what to say. Hi, how are you? How's it going? That's about it. Well, many times (more than I can count) people think I'm being snobby or bitchy. That's really not the case. I pretty much like everyone and I like for everyone to get along.
So, to all of you people out there that are comfortable going to the movies, out to eat, whatever by yourselves, I admire you all!
Maybe one day . . .

3 comments:

starnes family said...

I have never thought of you as anything but very kind and TONS OF FUN, so none of this makes sense to me.

But, I do recommend solo movie trips. Pig out on junk food, enjoy a movie without any concern for anyone but yourself. It's heaven for me.

starnes family said...

I have never thought of you as anything but very kind and TONS OF FUN, so none of this makes sense to me.

But, I do recommend solo movie trips. Pig out on junk food, enjoy a movie without any concern for anyone but yourself. It's heaven for me.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE going to see movies alone, however you will never catch me eating by myself... that makes me sad for some reason, watching people eat alone and I'm sure it's by choice for them too?!