Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Send It On

Have you heard this song? Probably not if you don't have kids that watch the Disney channel. But it's a great song by "The Disney Friends." The words are amazing.

A word's, just a word 'Till you mean what you say
And love, isn't love 'Till you give it away
We've all got to give
Yeah something to give
To make a change
Send it on On and on
Just one hand can heal another
Be apart
Reach your heart
Just one spark stars a fire
With one little action
The chain reaction will never stop
Make it Strong
Shine a Light and Send it On
Just smile (just smile)
And the world (and the world)
Will smile along with you
That small act of love
That's meant for one will become two
If we take the chances
And change circumstances
Imagine all we can do
If we...

Send it on
On and on
Just one hand can heal another
Be apart
Reach your heart
Just one spark stars a fire
With one little action
The chain reaction will never stop
Make it Strong
Shine a Light and Send it On
Send it on
There's Power in all of the choices we make
So i'm starting now there's not a moment to wait

A word's, just a word 'Till you mean what you say
And love, is no love 'Till you give it away
Send it on On and on
Just one hand can heal another
Be apart
Reach your heart
Just one spark stars a fire
With one little action
The chain reaction will never stop
Make it Strong
Shine a Light and Send it On
Send it on Send it on On and on
Just one hand can heal another
Be apart
Reach your heart
Just one spark stars a fire
With one little action
The chain reaction will help things start
Make it Strong
Shine a Light and Send it On
Shine a Light and Send it On
Shine a Light and Send it On

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My favorite "A word is just a word until you mean what you say." I tell my girls this all the time. Not using those particular words, but similar. Especially when saying 'sorry.' Saying sorry is great, but sorry is just a word. I tell my girls that they need to show that they are sorry with their actions.

So, I know I've mentioned how much I love XM radio in the past. And I still do. When the girls are in the car with me (which is most of time), we listen to the Disney channel. It's not too bad. They actually play some good music. Haylee's favorite right now is Taylor Swift. And it cracks me up that my 4 year old can sing the words to her songs. Probably not the best thing. But oh well. It could be worse. She could cuss like a sailor (which she doesn't. the 's' word to her is stupid!) or she could eat her boogers (which she doesn't. she does however pick her nose at times. and sometimes even wipes them on the wall where she sleeps by. ewww!)

What do you like to listen to in the car? Your kids?

3 comments:

The Soladay Family said...

I love my satelite radio too! I've been hooked on the channel called "80s on 8", and I guess the kids like it too because on the way to school the other day, Preston was singing, "Lay your hands, lay your hands on me" Hilarious!

Carrie Darney said...

I love that lesson...sorry is just a word...I need to start working on that with Hagen. He is 2 and is THAT monster child right now! Calgon, where are you?

starnes family said...

What do I listen to in the car with my kids?

The sound of their screaming voices. :)