Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Little Lifter Uppers

And, no I'm not talking about bras!

Was looking online yesterday for some 'inspirational' quotes to write on my little chalk board in my kitchen. Gearing them towards the girls and thought I would share some of my favorites.

*Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. -Confucius

*What you are is God's gift to you. What you do with yourself if your gift to God. -author unknown

*Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can. -John Wooden

*Be yourself. Everyone else is taken. -Oscar Wilde

*The only way to have a friend is to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson


Found several of these here. They do canvas wall art with quotes on them. Pretty cute if you like that kind of stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girls and I are going to a pumpkin patch this evening. Gracie calls it her pumpkin patch since it's a part of the church where she goes to school on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Bounce house, tattoos, face painting, cookie decorating, hay rides, hay maze and door prizes. Sounds like fun. I do, however, think I should get some award or at least some extra lovin' for taking them tonight. It is COLD and wet outside. I do not like the COLD! But, will do this for my kids. Oh, and I need pumpkins for painting! I wouldn't be going on an evening like this, but it's 'family night' for Gracie's school. So, off we'll go. It'll be fun, I just know.

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I love those quotes...

and I love that you still go to the same pumpkin patch; I wish I could find the pics of the kids when they were younger but that would involve digging in boxes in the COLD garage :)

The Soladay Family said...

Have fun tonight! It isn't a fall night unless it's cold!

starnes family said...

Cute, Alisha! The bra part....

And, you are most qualified to dole out a friend quote because you are the most sincere one I know. I mean that. You have taught me many lessons over the years about what a true friend is. I'm still learning from you!