Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Same Sound, Different Meaning

Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day! I sure did! Met up with my mom, dad, sister and her fam and my MIL and FIL for lunch, then we all went to the World Aquarium. Fun times and will post pics later.



So, in the Rand casa, the girls are not allowed to say butt. I know it's not a bad word or anything, I just don't like how it sounds coming out of my sweet girls' mouths! Now if we had boys, it might be a different story. Who knows?!



Anyway, the princess and I were at the grocery store the other day and I had just ordered some deli meat. I'm in the mommy trance--you know, the trance where your child says mommy (or whatever else they're saying) a zillion times before you hear it--and all of a sudden I snap out of it. And this is what I hear--The princess is walking back and forth with her hand swiping the deli meat glass saying, "BUTT! BUTT! BUTT! BUTT! BUTT! BUTT!" You get the idea. So, naturally I tell her that we don't use that word. We say bottom. And then the princess proceeds to tell me that she is not saying that butt (pointing to her bottom), she is saying the other but. She said she's saying the one that doesn't get her in trouble.



Sure. I don't buy it. But, it was clever and pretty funny to me!

I always say God made her cute for a reason!

4 comments:

sharon said...

That is hilarious. The English teacher in me just can't help but point out your spelling error with procedes. It is proceeds. HA!!! I Love you!! And the princess, too.

The Jones Family said...

She is too funny! Love her sweet little smile...

The Soladay Family said...

She is such a doll!

I saw that you said you know kathy! She is a teacher at a preschool, and she lives close to you. How do you know her? =)

The Rand's said...

Mom, thanks for the editing. I changed it. Can't believe I would make a mistake like that! ;)

Allison, I've met Kathy a couple of times--once at a neighborhood pakeeno (sp?) and again at a friend's bday dinner. Don't really 'know' her but she seems super nice and is friends with a lot of my good friends! Such a small world!

Britney, thanks, I love G's sweet smile, too.