Thursday, May 06, 2010

My Life at the Moment

May is such a crazy month. End of soccer, ending of dance, school's almost out. Everyone and anyone wants money from you for one reason or another. Soccer gift for coaches. Gifts for dance teachers. End of the year gifts for teachers.

Don't get my wrong. I love the month of May. It's one of my favorites. The weather is usually great. We spend lots of time outside which the Rand fam loves to do. Lots of patio dinners. Lots of bbq's. I smile just thinking about it!



Life at our house has been out of sorts. Lots of family things going on. My sister has had some health issues, but I'm happy to report that everything is going well now! Such a relief. Scary there for awhile!!!! I love my sister so much!!!
And, my papa fell at my mom's house (where he lives now) and was rushed to the hospital. We thought he broke his leg, but it turns out that he dislocated his hip. We spent hours and hours at the ER where they gave him some morphine and popped it back into place. My mom and I couldn't watch, so my sister and dad stayed with him while they did that. Ouch is all I can say! But my papa hardly even flinched. That happened Monday, and he's still at the hosptial. He's a strong man, y'all. Been through so much these past few months. He'll be 90 in September. I love him so much!!!



This weekend is consumed with dance. Rehearsal tomorrow night. Recital Saturday. The girls are so excited. I think the princess is more excited about putting her costume and make-up on than the actual recital. H is excited about it all!



Hip hop Haylee




Tap dancer Gracie




We're planning on going back to the Arboretum for Mother's Day. Love it there. It's going to be a very hard day for my mom. It'll be the first Mother's day without her mom. Hurts my heart tremendously. But my sister and I will be there for her. I love my momma so much!!!



Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! And, happy Mother's Day to all of you moms!!! xoxox

5 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Your sweet Papa, praying for him! I'm happy to hear yous sister is okay. And having both you girls there, along with the families, your mama will be okay! Just love her up EXTRA hard.

Love you!

Wish the girls luck for us! Their outfits are precious... can't wait for Maci to do stuff like that :)

The Soladay Family said...

Recitals...takes me waaaaaay back. How much fun.

We're lovin' this weather too! It's hard to make the kids go in and get ready for bed when it feels so eary at 8:00 PM!

Sorry you've a lot to deal with, but glad to hear things are looking up!

Coco said...

So glad your Papa is doing better. AND he's 90. You are so lucky!!!

I can't wait for dance recitals. Both girls look ready to boogie!! That hip hop costume is a riot!

Sara said...

Hi Alisha. Thanks for stopping by! Your girls are so cute. Loving those outfits and hoping the recitals went well!

Your poor papa. I hope he's doing better and gets out of the hospital soon. Sounds like a very strong man! I called my grandfather, Papa also. We lost him last year. He was 2 months shy of his 90th birthday. Still miss him so much. Treasure these times with your papa!!

merrilee said...

Hi Alisha! Love your pictures of your darling girls. Glad to hear your papa is o.k. What a special relationship with your papa. My husband is very close to his grandparents...the bond is so sweet. Hope you had a great Mother's Day.