Monday, January 11, 2010

Randomness

This post is going to be so random. And I have so many pictures to post but I don't feel like doing it at the moment. So, please excuse me while I get random.
*First, this is my sister and I. I love her. She is one of my best friends and I admire her strength every single day. I am soooooooooo thankful for her. Truly, honestly thankful.
*My girls are sleeping with me tonight because daddy is out of town again. They always sleep with me when he's gone. Just an FYI, my dad used to travel all the time when I was a kid, and I would sleep with my mom when he was gone, even in high school!! Anyway, Gracie is all congested and I can hear her breathing all the way in the family room! Hoping it's just a cold or allergies.
*I'm about to start (just being honest), so I'm eating. A ton! After dinner, I shoved chocolate and marshmallows in my mouth at the same time and it was damn good! My girls were in the shower so thankfully they did not see mommy stuffing her face like cookie monster. That just wouldn't be right!
*Bryan and I were out of town this weekend, so one of my bff's came over to let Sugar the dog out, and now every time we walk out the door, she shivers and shakes. Poor baby thinks we're leaving her again! Makes me feel sad. And a little annoyed. I mean we've been back since Saturday afternoon. Get over it! And, now that I've said that, I feel bad. Love my Sugar dog so much!
*Just in case you were wondering where we were, we went to Cali for the Championship Texas/Alabama game. Even though my Longhorns didn't win, it was still a great experience and I loved spending 'alone' time with my handsome man! And the weather was wonderful! A nice little break to the freezing weather here in Tejas! Man oh man, how I wish it were in the 70s here!!! I'm so ready for spring!!!
*Getting the mail was so much fun a few weeks ago. Card after card after card. Now it's just bills and junk mail. It's not fun anymore. I'm going to try to be better about sending cards and pictures out. Just because.
*If we go on a trip for Spring Break, we're going to go out of our element and try skiing. My sweet hubby has NEVER been and I haven't been since 6th grade. I want to go to the beach because that's what I love but we want to do something different. And it's not all about me . . .all the time! We'll get to the beach in the summer, and I'll enjoy the sun, the ocean and the sand then! If we do this, I know it will be super expensive because we don't have any appropriate clothing to ski in. Casey, any recommendations?
*I want to start my own business. Doing what? I don't know that just yet. But the spinners in my head are working over-time thinking about it! My precious little princess will be starting kinder next year, and it just seems silly for me to just be at home with both of my girls at school. Before I stayed home, I taught. I'm not ready to go back to that just yet. I loved teaching, just don't like all the stuff that goes with it. I want to be able to drop my girls off at school, pick them up, volunteer at school, be on the PTA board and be home to help them with their homework, to have playdates, and so on. Hmmmmm . . .
*I eat when I'm stressed. And I'm stressed now. Why do I want to eat? Why couldn't I be the opposite? It's annoying. Right now I want chips and salsa. It's 10:45 at night! No way! I won't do it. I just won't! But I really want to!
*We had another appt. today for my nanny. It's all just so sad. I am praying hard for my mom, my papa, my nanny, my sister, my dad, my kids, the rest of our family. Hearing that nothing will help is hard. Extremely hard. Watching someone you love with all of your heart go through this is painful. It's an indescribable feeling.
We did find out today that it is not in fact ovarian cancer. It's lung cancer that has spread. It's two different kinds of cancer which is supposedly rare. Go figure. I have faith in God that He knows what He is doing. It's hard but true. It sucks but it's true. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride, ok one second, crying the next.
I know many of you have had to deal with cancer and/or death in the past. Many of us will deal with it in the future. It's awful to experience. It makes my heart hurt that this stuff has to happen, and that people have to go through things like this. Through this, though, you realize what really is important, to be more compassionate, to be more sympathetic/empathetic, to just be better. A better person. A better mommy. A better friend. A better wife. A better daughter. A better sister. A better granddaughter. A better aunt. A better Christian. A better everything. And for goodness sakes, let the little things go and have fun! Kiss and hug a lot and tell people that you love that you love them!
*Man that was depressing. Sorry about that!
*Ok. Who needs a real hamster if you have a zhu zhu pet? Not the Rand girls, that's for sure! These little hamster toys are a hit with my girls. So random but true.
*I think I'm done for now. My brain hurts. Hoping I can get some pictures posted soon! I have some from early Dec. until now. That's a lot of pictures!!
Good night. Sleep tight. I love you all!

5 comments:

Coco said...

So much to say after reading.
For one, I just started and am a HOG. Do you feel like your PMS/period is getting worse the older you get? I am a bitch and a pig. Awful. And heavier periods.
Second, I am sad about no more Christmas cards. Very sad. It is my favorite time of the year.
Third, I went skiing every year since I was 5. You MUST do lessons for the girls. AND try ebay for ski clothes. You can get some awesome quality stuff for nothing.
Fourth, praying for your family. Cancer sucks. Bad.
Fifth, Hubs and I are going to Vegas with friends for our anniversary and I am so excited. It seems it has been forever that we have had that "reconnection" time. Long over due.
Sixth, I think I want to open a booth at an antique shop. Want my own business bad.

That's it for now!!

Oh, you and your sis are so gorgeous!

The Soladay Family said...

I was thinking the same thing that Coco said about you and your sis!

When Ryan and I were looking for ski stuff for the boys, Carol told us to try Burlington Coat Factory, and we hit the jackpot! They have a ton of ski stuff for kids, men and women! I have a great ski coat if you need to borrow one!

Hang in there!

starnes family said...

Thinking about you, Alisha. I'm sorry for all the stress.

Skiing.......favorites in Colorado include:

Beaver Creek
Breckenridge
Aspen

All kid friendly.

But, yes, pricey!

The Jones Family said...

Awe, Lish, I just want to reach right through the computer and hug you!

You and your family are in our prayers. Cancer does suck. Death sucks. His "plan" sucks sometimes indeed but I know it's there for a reason.

Loved Beaver Creek and remember Wolf Creek from years past with the family; both are beautiful resorts for skiing!

And Coco, I too am a hog and much more bitchy with the PMS since the 2nd kiddo and with my age... it's exhausting.

The Rand's said...

I'm way more bitchier with PMS than ever before! It's bad. And I still get zits before I start. This just isn't right!