Monday, January 18, 2010

2010

Welcome 2010. This NYE was super low key. Usually, my parents or the in-laws watch the girls over night so B and I can go out. Normally to a neighborhood party. We haven't gone out-out on NYE in a long time! Just not worth it to us. Anyway, this year my sweet little Haylee requested that we spend this NYE together, as a fam. How could I refuse that? Never could! So, we ate dinner, played games and watched tv. As a family. Gracie was out by 10, Haylee around 11. I wasn't much after her, but I did hear the countdown, woke-up to give my hubby a quick kiss and then off to bed. So very low-key, very relaxing and it was nice.

So, ringing in a new year, means making new 'resolutions.' Mine, more like challenges or goals.

*Spend more QT with my hubby. I am so thankful for him. He works so hard to provide for our family. And I want to make him happy, show him how much we appreciate him and how much we love him. I feel so lucky to be so very much in love with my handsome hubby!

*To say yes more to my kids. Like when Gracie asks me to read her a book and I'm doing laundry or when Haylee asks me to play a game with her when I'm cleaning the kitchen. Seriously. All that stuff can wait. I just need to remind myself of that.

*Cook more! Eat out less! This is always a goal for me. We've done pretty good so far. It's fun to cook, especially when the girls help. I'm just not very good at. But, I'm trying. That should count for something! My bff, Kristin, is always trying to help me in this department. Sending me recipes and such. Thanks, K!

*Continue to exercise. This I've been doing for about 4 years now. I'm trying to do new things, as I tend to get bored doing the same stuff. My friend and I are doing some training sessions right now, and I'm really enjoying it. Learning lots of new things to do.

*Read more. And I mean books. And the Bible. I can sit and read Cosmo or People, so I should be able to sit and read a good book.

*Get involved in a charity. We donate to our church, St. Jude's and to cancer research. We give to Frisco Family Service constantly. We always adopt kids during Christmas to give to. But I want to get involved in a charity. Like really involved. Does that make sense?

*Send pictures, notes, letters, make phone calls to loved ones just because.

*To just be real. To be who I am.

Ok. Enough of that. Here are some pics of our night.



Such precious girls.



Such silly girls.



Such a serious girl.



Such a smiley girl.



Such happy girls with their daddy!
Such loud girls with their mommy!

Such a pic taken by Haylee.




I welcome 2010. Here's to a great year . . .








4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Love you, Lish! Cute pics, great resolutions; I can do each of those too!

Lets do something soon! Call you... just because :)

starnes family said...

Sounds like the perfect NYE. Cute pictures.....the props are great.

The Soladay Family said...

What a precious family you have...=)

SASS said...

I love your resolutions. I, too, need to quit trying to "get things done" and stop for a moment to do things for other little people. Both girls consistently ask me to do long tuck-ins and I rarely do. Mostly because I can't stop thinking about homework, kitchen, or that glass of wine waiting for me. (ha!) Great reminders!
Cute pics. You have one GORGEOUS family, woman! Glad you know it! :)