Thursday, March 03, 2011

Dinner

I have been slacking in the cooking department for my sweet little family. B travels quite a bit, so I usually fix quick things for the girls since we're ususally going from one activity to the next. Sandwiches, roll-ups, cereal, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, quesadillas, etc. with a fruit and veggie.

We sit down to eat as a family as often as possible but sometimes it's just not in the cards. I've read so much on how eating as a family helps build self esteem, lowers the chances that your child will smoke, drink or do drugs, improve grades, makes communicating easier, etc.
Who wouldn't want to do that for their kids?

So, I'm asking for some help from my blog friends! I need quick and easy recipes that your family likes. And by easy, I mean not a lot of ingredients. I'd love some crockpot ideas if you have any. I love my crockpot!!!

So, I'll leave you with one of our favorite crockpot meals.

Crockpot Fajitas--4-6 chicken breasts (depends on how many you're feeding/I use frozen chicken breasts) placed on the bottom. Add a can of chunky tomatoes and chopped bell peppers and onion. Cook on low about 6 hours. The chicken will be so tender. I use 2 forks to shred the chicken and then drain using a colander. If you don't drain, it will be super runny. Put in tortillas and add whatever you want--sour cream, guac, cheese, salsa.
I've added black beans in the crockpot with the other ingredients and it was yummy!

Thanks for your help!! Can't wait to get some new ideas. I know my family will be, too. I've always been challenged in the cooking area!!

3 comments:

If the shoe FITZ said...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

check out the site above. this chick did 365 days of crock pot recipes. some suck, some are good.

.

starnes family said...

Fitz is the crockpot queen. Check out her site!

Easy recipes.....hmmm......buy already made stir fry sauce and add to chicken strips + rice.

Breakfast for dinner.

Spaghetti is always easy.

Our kids love butter noodles.

Chicken or egg salad sandwiches (make the night before).

Hope that helps!

Sullinger Family said...

You know I LOVE my crockpot!!!! I like making pork sandwiches in mine. I make my barbeque sauce, BUT you can buy a good barbeque sauce. Put a boneless boston butt (haha, that name still cracks me up) in the crockpot. Top with sauce and cook for 8 hours. Shred and put on a roll YUMO! I have tons of crockpot recipes, BUT they are in cookbooks. Maybe that can be a little chore of mine over spring break to email those to you :-) LOVE YOU!