Sunday, June 27, 2010

July so soon?

June is almost over. Really?! I need this summer to SLOW down!!

Last week was wonderful. Filled with lots of play dates, watching movies (Toy Story 3 and Karate Kid), swimming and birthday parties. And, this weekend the hubby and I got TWO nights to ourselves. Kid-free. Sleepovers are awesome!

Friday night we had dinner at Fireside Pies and then went to a laid-back bar. We had so much fun, just the two of us! Then one of our best friends, Billy, met up with us. B and Billy are hilarious. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much!!

Saturday was spent at the pool with family and friends to celebrate my niece's birthday. Then home to cool off and watch movies.

Now on to Sunday. It's here already. Boo! Today we spent lots of time at Lowe's and Home Depot looking for shelving stuff for our garage. After we finally figured out what we wanted, we went home and got started. 4 hours. 4 hours in the blazing heat. That includes 2 trips to Goodwill and one trip back to Lowe's. I think I lost 5 lbs from sweating, but I gained it back from my yummy Taco Bueno dinner! The girls are at their sleepover. Hubby and I are watching Trueblood and are so excited that Entourage comes on tonight! We were supposed to go to dinner and a movie (either Knight and Day or Grown Ups), but we're old and we're tired from cleaning out the garage. Sad, so sad! But the truth.

This week is filled with play dates and sleepovers at our house. Summer-time. Gotta love it!!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

6 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me :)

Looking forward to seeing you and the girls this week!

starnes family said...

Everytime I come to your blog, I can't wait for Cali!!!!!!

Summer is unpredictable.....and predictable in so many ways, isn't it?

Glad yall got the garage finished. Well done!

Carrie Darney said...

Why do we ALL save those projects for the dead heat of summer? Mine? I have to go in the attic (it's a walk in) and go through some baby stuff!

Ryan? He had to put vents in his shed. We were laughing because we waited until it got REALLY hot to do these things. Mine is waiting...it's just too hot and not absolutely necessary to do it now.

I can't wait until Hagen can go for a sleepover! How great to have a date night and know the kids are having fun at a sleepover!! Ahh...bliss...

Dee Stephens said...

I feel the same way about june. craziness that it's July 4th already!

The Soladay Family said...

Ryan and I were just talking about how the summer is flying by last night. Please slow down!

Gotta love Billy. Always a great time with him, but always WAY TOO MUCH to drink!

Sara said...

What a perfect weekend! Well...minus the garage organization in 100 degree weather. But, at least it's finished.

TrueBlood. Casey called me a 13 year old girl because I watch this. Whatever.
It's starting to freak me out a little though.

I fell asleep before Entourage, but can't wait to watch it tonight!! Yes - I was asleep by 9pm. Don't judge.