The princess so excited that she made the grass show. And, she insisted upon wearing those cute little pink earmuffs on the outside of her jacket hat.
H starting the snowman. She looks so grown up to me in this picture.
Our snow dude. Using what we had on hand--crackers for the eyes, a carrot for the nose, m&ms for the mouth that would not stay, and candy canes for the arms. I loved watching them in the snow. Pure happiness!
My sweet daughters with their snow dude. Snow + kids = FUN !
H made this frame last year. I love hearts!!
The girls painted these hearts this year, and I hung them from our kitchen chandelier. I love doing crafts with the girls and displaying them around the house. Such a sweet personal touch.
And I borrowed this idea from Coco. THANKS for the idea!! The girls had so much fun decorating the hearts and love seeing them on the mantle. Also on my mantle--Willow Tree Angels. Something I collect and love!
My sweet Sugar Dog. Love when she stretches. So, so cute!
And, a little catch-up. Most of you know that my nanny passed away last week from cancer. Lung cancer. NEVER smoked a day in her life. Just doesn't seem fair. We were gone all last week. The funeral was Thursday and it was beautiful, just like Nanny! We celebrated her long, wonderful life and the fairy tale love that she and my papa shared. They were married 67 years. 67 happy years. They never fought, they respected each other, they truly loved one another. Every night before bed, my papa would tell nanny that he loved her more than a hog loves slop and she would say the same back. That's a lot of love people! My sister, my mom and my niece spoke at the funeral and Frank (my b-i-l) sang. They are so incredibly strong. I admire each of them!
Towards the end, my nanny was in a lot of pain. We knew the cancer was winning, but it doesn't make it any easier when you know it's going to happen. She was suffering. It was hard. I am so happy and relieved that she's not in pain anymore and that she's with her son and her parents and everyone else that she loves so much that are in Heaven, too. BUT, I miss her! Very much! And, I didn't get to tell her all the things that I wanted to tell her. That's an unsettling feeling. It's also so hard to watch my mom and papa in so much pain. Can you imagine spending 67 plus years with someone and then not having them around? He's heartbroken. He's sad. He misses his loving wife. It breaks my heart.
It's been hard to get back in the routine of things. I'm forgetting things that I normally don't. I just feel scattered. And my girls are dealing with the death of their great grandmother, too. It's painful to see my daughters hurting. Gracie talks about her all the time (wants to see pictures and she's coloring her pictures) and Haylee doesn't want to talk about it at all. They have both cried so much. I know my girls are so blessed to have had several years knowing and loving their nanny. Many kids don't have that chance. We will always have our memories and wonderful memories they are!
Thanks to all of you for your support, prayers and friendship during this difficult time. I appreciate it! xoxoxo

5 comments:
Enjoyed the pictures and yes, Haylee does look grown up in that picture!
Thinking about your entire family during this difficult time. Hoping for some calmer days soon.
Great pictures!
I'm right with Casey, thinking about you all. It's not ever easy, there is an unsettling feeling that comes with such experiences but you said it best; she is no longer in pain. I'm praying for you all to find comfort in that and move forward knowing she would want you to do just that! Hold onto those memories and never let them but, but somehow in time find a way to let her go... because it does take time!
Love you!
Love the photos! Thinking about your family during this time...never easy...LOVE the love story of it all...if only everyone had a love stong like that the world would be a better place for sure!!
Mised you!
What an awesome story of the love between your Nanny and her husband...so sweet. Glad to see you're back. =)
What precious girls!
You have been in my prayers. Your poor grandfather. So hard on the spouse.
Your mantle looks precious and your house is beautiful.
So jealous, we got cold drizzle. No snow. Boo.
Post a Comment