Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Randomness

Lots of randomness from me. Have had Haylee home sick all week. Tested negative for the flu and strep but sure seems like the flu. She has all the symptoms. Cough, sore throat, fever (none yesterday or today), congestion. She's doing much better now, just has a yucky cough. Didn't want her coughing all over everyone and coughing is just annoying and exhausting. Hoping she can go back tomorrow. Gracie stayed home today, too. Not sick. Just wanted to stay home. So she is. Next year she won't be able to play hookie, so I'll take full advantage of it this year! Anyway, hope you all are staying healthy!


The princess has found a new love for kitties. She wants to wear this headband all the time. I pick my battles. This is not one of them. Besides, I think she looks cute. She doesn't wear it to school. This is how the convo went.
Me: You'll have to leave your kitty ears in the car while you're at school.
G: Why, Mommy? Cause all the kids will want to wear it?
Me: Yep, that's right. Cause all the kids will want to wear it.
I'll just let her think that. It may be true, after all.



The little lady in her UT gear. It was wear your favorite college shirt day. So proud that my baby is so smart to love the longhorns! No pressure from us, I promise!



Uncle Donny was in town this past weekend. The girls absolutely adore him!



Soccer, soccer and more soccer! Our lives consume a lot of soccer these days. 2 practices each week and 2 games on the weekend. The girls are doing great though! The princess hardly touched the ball at all last season but is all up over it now! She made 3 goals her last game! And, H is playing great, too! I was worried about her since she hasn't played since she was 5ish or so. They play postitions and are on the big field! But, she's holding her own! I'm so proud of her!!



Isn't this the sweetest picture ever?!?! Gracie kisses on her Uncle D all the time when he's here!




















4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Poor H! I hope she is feeling better soon. When she is, we need to get the kids together soon.

And um, we all love Uncle D! :)

Miss you Xoxo

starnes family said...

Isn't soccer fun? Carter is loving it. Glad we are playing again!

Carrie Darney said...

You know, I saw something last night on one of those E news type things that cat ears are in! NO LYING! Look it up...she may be onto something... Cougar town? Yep...there's something going on with cats that's for sure!

The Soladay Family said...

Poor thing! I have never had so many students out sick as I have had this year! Hope she gets better soon!