Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Beast

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I got a new car awhile back. Really it's a truck. A Yukon Hybrid. I absolutely LOVE it! And, I mean LOVE! I've wanted a bigger car since we down-sized to the Murano 3 years ago. There is no comparison (when comparing to the Murano, especially!). We call her "The Beast!"
I'm still getting used to driving The Beast. It's way different than my dinky Murano. I'm still a little scared parking it and reversing. But that just takes time.
On the way to a B'Nai Mitzvah today, I was thinking about my new ride. About how I love it. First, it has XM radio. I mean, what did I do without XM radio before? My fave is the 80's channel. Very cool! I still listen to 106.1 (I love Kelly and Kidd. Wish they would get married!), but not as much as I did pre-XM!
Second, the good ol' nav system. If you know me, you know I can get lost very easily! Even if I'm in Plano and I moved there in the 6th grade. Even if I'm in Frisco, and I've lived here almost 8 years! I just plug in an address and Ms. BB (Bossy B$&^*) tells me where to go. She even gets a little upset if I don't listen to her and go a different way!
Then there's all this room! I can fit 3 kids plus my 2! That is a must if you want to carpool. And, I WANT to be the mom that drives everyone around. Kids talk in cars. I want to hear that talk!
Oh, and the DVD player. Not that I let them watch it ALL the time but it's nice to have. Especially on our treck out to Destin!
So, there you have it. A few reasons why I love my new ride. Bryan is hoping that I love it for many years down the road! I'm hoping that's the case, too, since we decided to buy it!



Here's Me and The Beast! Love at first sight!

3 comments:

starnes family said...

We bought our Suburban, too. I want to keep it for 10 years.

Absolutely love it. Love the room! Glad you're enjoying yours so much.

Coco said...

I am so mad at myself that I got a Tahoe and not a Suburban when Tessie Mayes was born. Adam pushed the suburban and I was terrified to park and reverse.

Now this post makes me want to trade it in for an upgrade and a HYBRID to boot.

AND the XM? Im with you, what in the world did we do before? I love the Cosmo channel on long drives.

The Soladay Family said...

We really need a bigger SUV! The back in ours is so shallow, we have to rent a small U-haul when we go on road trips to carry all our luggage! We only have 8 more months on the lease, and we'll be looking for our own beast!